12 April 2009

Random thoughts about Easter

Easter is about emptiness. 
An empty cross. 
An empty tomb.
 Christ emptying Himself to atone for my sin. 
My own emptiness apart from the filling of the Holy Spirit. 
My own emptiness in trying to find fulfillment and meaning in life apart from Christ. 

A friend recently shared a new perspective on the words Jesus spoke from the cross. One gospel records this: “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” Could it be that God’s wrath was ready to pour forth on those who were bruising His only Son? Could it be that Jesus’ words were really a plea on our behalf, and that it was His request for forgiveness that stopped Almighty God from "wiping us off the map?" And then as God Himself stayed His hand and turned away, even Jesus felt the abandonment and said, “My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me?”

I’d never thought of the death of Jesus in this way. Thanks Joan for sharing your vision.
Easter Sunday dinner we try to do special meal in honor of the day. Here was the spread today. 
My sweet friend Amber posted an idea that she'd tweaked a bit from a friend of hers. So I re-tweaked it and came up with these little nests for chocolate eggs. So easy and yummy. 
Just use your favorite no-bake cookie recipe, form into little nests and add the eggs! Mmmm. 

I pray your Easter Sunday is full of celebration as you ponder again the resurrection of our Jesus. 

2 comments:

jo said...

Love your thoughts today friend. Thanks for taking the time to share and to upload all your beautiful pictures.

Rob and Deanna said...

I love the adorable watering cans! What a cute idea, I am definitely going to be on the lookout for some of my own. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails