26 December 2008

Is His glory in you?

In Psalm 26 David said, “Lord, I love the house where You dwell, the place where Your glory resides.” (vs. 8, HCS)

The house where God dwells. The place where His glory resides. Sure. That works well when you think Tabernacle. Or Solomon’s Temple. A real building. A temple made with hands.

Think of “going to God’s house”. Going to behold His glory. Loving the house where He lives.

But don’t think of a building made with hands. Don’t think of bricks and mortar. Don’t think about fragrant cedar wood or beautiful purple curtains. Don’t think about the building where you meet to worship with other believers. Don’t think about pews and a pulpit.

Think about you. Yes. You. As a disciple, as a follower of Jesus, as one chosen to be part of the Bride, He wants to dwell in you. He wants you to be the place where His glory dwells.

Skeptical? Find it hard to believe that you are to be the dwelling place of God? Struggle to think that God would want His glory to actually reside in you? (Reside means live in case you were wondering.)

I admit I really don’t feel like a place that is always fit for the glory of God. Do you? Aren’t we taught that we must be humble. That we are only His unworthy servants. Yes. It’s true. But then there is this other part that is so often missed. I have proof. Check this out:

"Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body." (I Corinthians 6:19-20 Amplified)

Wow. So if I take the whole counsel of God and really believe what God says, it means that I am the temple of God and the glory of God should be dwelling in me.

What an amazing thought!!! So what about Psalm 26 in light of I Corinthians 6:19-20?

“Lord, I love the house where You dwell, the place where Your glory resides.”

Hmm. More deep pondering.

I don’t know about you, but I love being the temple of God. I love walking in the Spirit. Sometimes it’s very scary. It’s far from predictable. There are days of waiting. There are days of wondering. But the faithfulness of God is so comforting to my heart.

May the glory of God rest in you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog I love how they lift my spirit. I'm here a the hospital doing that pastor thing only this time its different this time its my mom and we're waiting for test so I read your blog What GREAT HOPE we have :) thanks for the lift
Darwin

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited in a little while but God must have led me to your blog tonight. Having a sleepness night and greatly appreciate your words of hope and encouragement. Thanks for being faithful!!!!!

jo said...

We've been out and about over the holidays but I have you on my reader and have so enjoyed your thought provoking posts through the holidays. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Your family is precious and yes- I would love to get together someday. What a fun time that would be. Sometime I need to pick your brain about little girls/big girls. I'll email you.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, my friend. Let it be so! Love to all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails