16 February 2008

"You've been accepted. . . "

Some dear friends sent us an email earlier today to tell us they've been accepted by a denominational mission board to serve in a third world country. 

That line, "You've been accepted. . . " has been following me all day. When I read the email I could only cry. You see, we've sat with these friends and had long conversations about missions. We've understood the long wait. The longing. The testing. The wondering. The questions. "Will we be accepted?" 

And now, after months of paper work, and questions, and more waiting, the news: "You've been accepted!" 

My heart was shouting praise to God with them! I wanted to dance and sing and laugh out loud. And weep.

"What about me, Lord? What about my dreams? Am I good enough? Will I ever be accepted?" 

And then I remembered: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. . . to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

I am accepted. I still don't know about the dreams. The desires. The plans. The future. But I am accepted. Jeremiah does quote God as saying, "I know the thoughts that I think toward you. . ." I surely don't know them, but God does. (Check out Jeremiah 29: 10-14 and note all the times God says, "I will. . . ".) 

And so, I am comforted today knowing that God knows the thoughts He thinks toward me and to top it all off: I am accepted in the Beloved. That's my Jesus.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails